The main goal of my brand is to create beautiful clothing using ecological and recycled fabrics and create these items in a sustainable way.
I would like to share some facts about my brand so that you as a customer are well informed when buying our lovely collection.
- The collection is designed by myself, Christine Swanepoel.
- Dear Eva is produced in Spain by a small locally owned factory.
- We strive to use 100% natural or recycled fabrics.
- Our items are custom digitally printed with the newest technology, with digital printing you drastically reduce the environmental impact. Many companies use screen printing, this process requires 50-60 litres of water per meter. Whereas the digital printing techniques we use only require 2 litres. Digital printing takes more time and is more expensive but is the future in textile prints.
- Our items are not mass washed, they can thus shrink 1-2cm on the first washing.
- We do not have deadstock fabrics, once the production is complete we count the remaining/leftover metres and produce extra units of our bestselling style. This is time consuming, expensive and an additional financial risk as I create more items that originally calculated. I believe in creating a no waste brand and this is one of the ways in which I succeed in doing just that.